Friday, August 13, 2010

Zucchini Fritters

It's that time of year, when you are faced with armloads of zucchini not only from your own garden but from those of your friends and family!  Your own family threatens mutiny if you bring one more bowl of the boiled vegetable to the table, they don't even want it fried anymore.  No More Zucchini, they chant!
If this your problem, then I may have a solution for you!  Cue drumroll, please..........

ZUCCHINI FRITTERS

Aren't they loverly? This is a great recipe for those late summer days when zucchini is more than plentiful. 
Ok, here's the recipe, it's not one you really measure, but I tried to put amounts to the ingredients
1 cup Bisquick
2 cups grated zucchini
1 or 2 eggs (I like 2 eggs)
1 cup shredded cheese
salt and pepper to taste
I grate the zucchini then let it sit in a colander while I mix up the rest, then I squeeze the juice from the zucchini so it's not quite so watery.  You can also add diced green chili, yum.

You'll want to melt some butter and oil in a skillet, then drop the fritter dough by spoonfuls into the hot grease. Flatten them down some so they won't take so long to cook.  When they are golden brown on one side, flip them over.
Yummmy......by now the children were begging for it to be dinner time!  Depending on how big I make the fritters this recipe will usually feed all 10 of us.

Last night we had zucchini fritters with bbq'ed sausage and garden tomatoes.  Rohan is more than ready to dig in!!
Do you have any great Zucchini recipes?  I know we all could use some more!!!  Leave them in the comments!!
Have beautiful day,
Misty

I've shared this recipe on the Homemaking Link-up Click here to view the other lovely ideas, recipes and encouragement.

3 comments:

  1. The Amish family I stay with (and other families there) make these a lot once their zucchini are ready! I'm not a huge fan of it alone but I don't mind the fritters! :-)
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What an interesting blog! I'm looking forward to reading about your journey "into the past". Cool! :)

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I froze a few bags of zucchini. I use it to make bread. But I feel that it is better fresh!

    ReplyDelete