Sunday, January 30, 2011

Needles into Pins

I have a lot of hair and I keep it in a bun all day.  I think I have tried every hair pin known to man and still was not happy.  I like my bun to be firmly attached to my head, I can not stand a wiggly bun.  So this is what I came up with, well actually I saw this somewhere, Oh Ileigh just told me where, Rapunzel's Resource. Knitting Needles bent into Hair Pins!  Brilliant!!!
 These are size 3 double pointed needles, I have tried this with a larger size, but the pins were too "fat".
Then you ask your 14 year old son to help you bend the needles.  Just bend them in half!
 Squeeze the ends in as much as you would like, then ta-da............
These are not perfect, the ends don't match up exactly, but I am trying to let that go, because it simply doesn't matter!
I use only 3 pins to put up all my hair!


And there you have it, all done! 
Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. I love your bun! How do you do it? And thanks for this knitting needles idea, it's invaluable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes-I would also like to know how you do that beautiful bun-it looks different than others I have seen-please show us;)
    Mamabeanof4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have needles like that for knitting. I guess I will keep mine as is. No hair on my head to put them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAHHHH!! Bending perfectly good knitting needles!!! AAAHHHHH!!! Of course, as an avid knitter, I had to say that. A messy haired knitter at that. Alright, off to bend some up. Waiting for the tutorial on how to make up the lovely bun as you so beautifully don.

    Keep up the loverly posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! What a great tip! Thanks for sharing.

    I just found your blog tonight and am having a great time catching up on your posts. What an exciting life change your family has ahead of them. I'd love to do the same thing, but my husband just thinks I'm a bit nuts. We do what we can to reduce, reuse and recycle. We have chickens for our own eggs and hope to have a cow some day for milk. I'm trying, little bits at a time to be more self-sufficient, but doubt we'll ever be off-grid.

    ReplyDelete