Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

Twenty years ago today was one of the happiest days of my life............Dane asked me to marry him!!  I was a senior in high school and Dane had just gotten out of boot camp.  We went to a very nice dinner then afterwards he proposed.  Twenty years is long time...here is a picture my mom took before we left for our date.
Wow, I have nothing nice to say about my outfit, scary huh?
I think this is the next day.  I was so happy!
All I ever wanted to do was be a wife and mother, my dream was coming true.  Dane and I didn't really date in the way that our friends were, we had dinner at each others houses and took long drives in the country, talking about how we wanted a ton of kids and a farm in the country!  We were actually "courting" without really knowing it!  Dane and I are more in love than ever, as we begin a new chapter in our lives we are truly depending on each other, there is a nice familar comfort in setting out on a grand journey with someone you truly know and love.  I love you Daney and will for all my days!


"This is True Love - do you think this happens everyday?"
The Princess Bride

1 comment:

  1. OH MY I remember those pics. How Cute and YOUNG you both look. Happy times and more ahead of you both

    ReplyDelete